Saturday, November 28, 2015

Thankful

I took myself out on a little road trip today, driving north on route 100 for some time....even though I live in the middle of wide open country, the ride is never boring, for everywhere I go here there are beautiful views to see.  I can sing my heart out too, which clears my soul.  Perfect day.  A nice side effect of all this beauty is how it enhances my creativity, so I was inspired to write a poem in honor of the Mother of Jesus, Mary. 
The Tears of Mary

To have had to witness the great suffering of your Son,
Who was truly pure, God's chosen one,
Who surrendered willingly his life on the cross
So that our eternal salvation would never be lost.

The Love of a Mother runs true and deep,
to have had to endure all this I am sure you did weep.
Then maybe you realized the awesome miracle of your son's short life,
How he loved the world so authentically, leading so many out of strife.

His whole life was a profound message, a living example,
of how we are given dominion here, and over satan we can trample.

Mary, you have my deepest gratitude for the ineffable strength you had to harness,
while witnessing your son be put through such distress.

This world wasn't aware of what great light had been lost,
He chose those nails, and he knew the cost.
For souls to be free, the price he had paid,
Gave us divine authority over all evil, as God's new covenant had been made.

Your tears were not shed in vain, oh precious, loving Mother,
I think of how awesome it was that God chose You,
and he did not chose any other.
To carry and bring his fruit to life
That would one day teach this world, all the while being as gentle and harmless as a dove,
That the answer to every single problem here
Will have its solution in only Love.
                                                                                                      Ruth Ann R. 


I love you Greatly.  Have a wonderful week.

Ruth







No comments:

Post a Comment